Saturday 10 December 2011

Japanese Feast for Three and a Half

Chicken Teriyaki with Cabbage & Japayo, Edaname, Flying Fish Roe Sushi, Seaweed Sushi, Cooked Tuna Sushi, Inari, Crab with Avocado and Cucumber Salad, Salmon & Tuna Sashimi, California Rolls, Fresh Oysters
I really enjoy making homemade sushi. Of course, my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I don't end up using half the ingredients that I buy. This time I found some frozen flying fish roe from Wan Long Oriental Supermarket. Hooray! So of course I made California Rolls and the Crab, Avocado and Cucumber Salad for the first time. Hubby's favourite's always makes an appearance as, unfortunately for him, he is not a fan of raw seafood. So, he gets to eat plenty of Chicken Teriyaki, Cooked Tuna Rolls and Inari. 

I also made sure to stock up on the Wasabi, Japanese Mayo and Soy Sauce, which we agree are the key ingredients to making our dinner a success! If our dinner guest wasn't driving, I would have warmed some sake as well. Maybe next time?

1 comment:

  1. Appreciating the persistence you put into your blog and detailed information you present.
    It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
    Here is my webpage - sushi fish

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts