Saturday 12 November 2011

Garlic & Herbs Lamb Shanks Slow Cooker Recipe



Garlic & Herbs Lamb Shanks with Potato Mash and Side Salad
 



Oh I do love my slow cooker! I am very excited because this was my first attempt at making lamb shanks. OK, so I cheated a little and added a packet of Garlic and Herb Lamb Shanks Recipe Base. Served with mashed potato and ideally steamed vegetables (although we had a salad with it instead), this is definitely a hearty meal that is simple and satisfying.

I added chopped onions and fresh garlic to the sauce, but other than that I pretty much just stuck to the recipe on the back of the packet. It really is very easy to make and so yummy. I can't wait to try Moroccan Lamb Shanks next weekend.









Recipe Notes:
  • Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and cook 2 lamb shanks until brown.
  • Add 1 chopped onion, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 carrots (quartered), 440g can diced tomatoes, 170g can tomato paste and recipe base in slow cooker bowl and stir.
  • Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring once every 2-3 hours.
  • Serve on a bed of mashed potato and pile a generous amount of sauce on top.
  • Enjoy with a glass of red wine.
  • Save left-over sauce as a base for lasagna or bolognese.

1 comment:

  1. Hi to every , for the reason that I аm genuinelу eаgеr οf rеаdіng thіs weblog's post to be updated on a regular basis. It carries pleasant material.
    my web page :: best sim only deal

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts