Saturday 26 November 2011

Purple Carrots with Udon Noodles

Stir fried udon noodles with purple carrots and other veges


I was very excited when I found purple carrots at Coles the other day. I wasn't sure how to use them and they've been in my fridge for over a week. Today I was game enough to give it a go and decided to make hubby stir fried noodles for lunch.

So here is my concoction. Hubby normally dreads concoctions because he never knows what he's going to get. Luckily I passed the test and he really enjoyed it. Next time I will add plenty of pepper and fresh chilli as well.

Recipe Notes:
  • Prepare vegetables into julienne strips.
  • Stir fry 1 purple carrot and 1 small orange carrot in 1 tbsp oil for about 2 minutes.
  • Add 1/4 red capsicum, 1 cup cabbage, shallots, 1 packet udon noodles, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, a splash of sesame oil, 2 tbsp water and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
  • Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
  • Serves 1 hungry hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts