Tuesday 25 October 2011

Kelly's Brasserie, Panthers, Penrith

Bruschetta with pesto and rocket



Perfect for sharing, the bruschetta did arrive with three pieces although one was eaten before I remembered to take a picture. My only criticism is the bread was a little soggy (traditionally bruschetta comes on ciabatta bread), but I did enjoy it as the flavours were all there (lemon, spanish onion, fresh tomato, balsamic, basil, olive oil). I cringe if any of those key ingredients are missing. I thought the pesto was a nice addition to this classic Italian appetizer and the portions were quite generous.


Calamari with a twist (lemon, salt, chilli)




This dish looked divine when it arrived and I was excited to try it but unfortunately I found it lacking. The calamari weren't crispy enough and I could see fresh chilli flakes but there was no hint of spicy. The sweet chilli dipping sauce just didn't cut it for me. Also, it was served in a tiny little plastic tub which is what I expect to get when I buy takeaway, not when I eat in a restaurant. (A big no-no for me! That and when they serve my coffee with a plastic teaspoon. Luckily, they didn't). Otherwise, the chips were great and so was the side salad. But then, I could have simply paid for chips and salad if that's what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts